- ISSUE 2
- FANNY BY DAVID BELLEMERE
- ISSUE 3
- DIORA’S KEY STARRING DIORA BAIRD BY STEPHANIE VOVAS
- TOY STORY REDUX BY TONY KELLY
- ESTELLA WARREN
- SHE LOOKED THRU ME
- EMILY RATAJKOWSKI BY STEVE SHAW
- RITUAL BY SIGNE VILSTRUP
- HARRI PECCINOTTI
- AU LAIT BY BENEDICT REDGROVE
- IOAN GRUFFUDD
- 16 PELL STREET BY STEPHAN WÜRTH
- LE PREMIÈRE FEMME MODERNE
- JENNIFER WEST
- ISSUE 1
- BROOKE BONELLI BY STEVE SHAW
- TERRY O’NEILL
- TONY DURAN SHOOTS THE CASTING FOR TREATS ISSUE #1
- STEVE SHAW PHOTOGRAPHS JASON STATHAM, SPRING 2011
- ELSA HOSK BY ANDREAS KOCK
- RACHEL ROBERTS BY DEBORAH ANDERSON
- SAS BY TONY KELLY
- LAUREN, NIKKI, AMANDA, ABBY & FRANKI
- SHEPARD FAIREY
- KHOSI BY WARWICK SAINT
- DOWN IN THE FOREST SOMETHING STIRS
- THE GARDEN OF SIN & SEDUCTION
- ISSUE 4
- ALBERT MAYSLES
- SESSILEE LOPEZ BY MARK SELIGER
- FALLING BY GABRIELLE REVERE & JO BAKER
- MODERN ARTISANS BY TONY DURAN
- ANTHEA BY DAVID BELLEMERE
- ASTRAL TRAVELING BY PETROVSKY & RAMONE
- GOLD RUSH BY TONY DURAN
- NICO TORTORELLA
- KING LOUIS REIGNS
- ALANA MARIE
- AMANDA MARIE PIZZICONI BY BRETT RATNER
- WATER GIRLS
- TADAO ANDO: THE SIMPLICITY OF PERFECTION
- DUANE MICHALS
- STORK CLUB: THE MOST FAMOUS NIGHTCLUB ON EARTH
- ISSUE 5
- LE PRINCE DE PARFUM
- JOHN VAN HAMERSVELD
- EVA & KELSEY BY LUIS SANCHIS
- CISCO BY DAVID BELLEMERE
- BOB CARLOS CLARKE: THE LAST OF THE MAVERICKS
- TRIPTYCHS BY SAMUEL BAYER
- ZUZANA BY ANNE-CONSTANCE FRÉNOY
- VANESSA BY KESLER TRAN
- THE MAN WHO (ALMOST) FOOLED EVERYONE
- TABITHA BY STEVE SHAW
- JAMES GEORGOPOULOS BY MAXWELL WILLIAMS
- HOLLIE BY MARIANNA ROTHEN
- EUGENA BY JOSH RYAN
- BLACK TONGUE BY SAMUEL BAYER
- TEHILA BY JAMES MACARI
- TREATS! PARTY PICS
- BRETT RATNER SHOOTS AMANDA PIZZICONI
- BLACK TONGUE
- FALLING BY JO BAKER & GABRIELLE REVERE
- JO BAKER – WICKED LINER AND LASHES
- SIGNE VILSTRUP – RITUAL (VIDEO)
- TREATS! MAGAZINE ISSUE 2 PREVIEW
- “ASTRAL TRAVELING” BY PETROVSKY & RAMONE FOR TREATS! ISSUE 4
- SHORT FILMS
- THE SUMMER HOUSE BY JOE WEHNER
- TREATS! ISSUE #3 LAUNCH PARTY
- TREATS! MAGAZINE ISSUE 3 PREVIEW
- MARK SELIGER SHOOTS SESSILEE LOPEZ EXCLUSIVELY FOR TREATS!
- “WATER GIRLS” BY HERRING & HERRING
- DIORA BAIRD BY STEPHANIE VOVAS (VIDEO)
- TRICK OR TREATS! ANNUAL HALLOWEEN PARTY
- FRANK W OCKENFELS 3 SHOOTS MAY LINDSTROM FOR ISSUE #3
- STEVE SHAW SHOOTS EMILY RATAJKOWSKI (VIDEO #2)
- STEVE SHAW SHOOTS EMILY RATAJKOWSKI (VIDEO)
- STEVE SHAW SHOOTS IOAN GRUFFUDD
- STEVEN LYON SHOOTS “FILLES DE NUIT” FOR TREATS ISSUE #2
- BROOKE BONELLI GETS A TREAT! OF A TAN!
- TONY DURAN, BEHIND THE SCENE PART 3
- STEVE SHAW SHOOTS BROOKE AND MAY – BEHIND THE SCENES
- DEWY SKIN BY JO BAKER
- FILLES DE NUIT BY STEVEN LYON
- TREATS! PREMIERE ISSUE OSCAR PARTY
- STEVE SHAW SHOOTS ABBY BROTHERS
- STEVE SHAW SHOOTS JASON STATHAM
- STEVE SHAW SHOOTS BROOKE & MAY
- RED LIPS BY JO BAKER
- SHIMMERY SEXY EYES
- METALLIC CAT EYE BY JO BAKER
- JO BAKER MODERN ROMANTIC
- TREATS! PHOTOGRAPHERS
- TONY DURAN SHOOTS THE CASTING: BEHIND THE SCENES PT. 2
- BEN WATTS SHOOTS BREAKING AWAY FOR TREATS! ISSUE 2 – PT. 1
- TREATS! MAGAZINE ISSUE 1 PREVIEW
- ELECTRIC BY HERRING & HERRING
- AUDREY AT THE GOLDSTEIN RESIDENCE
- TONY DURAN SHOOTS EMILY RATAJKOWSKI IN “LIKE IT HOT” FOR ISSUE #2
- TREATS! EVENTS
- STEVE SHAW SHOOTS AMY HIXSON
- BEN WATTS – BREAKING AWAY FOR TREATS! ISSUE 2 VIDEO PT. 3
- BEN WATTS: THE INTERVIEW, PT. 1
- BEN WATTS SHOOTS BREAKING AWAY FOR TREATS! – PT. 2
- STEVE SHAW SHOOTS BROOKE BONELLI
- TONY DURAN, BEHIND THE SCENES PART 1
- BEN WATTS FOR TREATS! PREMIERE ISSUE: BEHIND THE SCENES
- BEN WATTS – THE INTERVIEW PART 2
- MODEL SCREEN TESTS
- WEB EXCLUSIVES
- RALPH GIBSON’S NUDE: REDUX
- TASYA VAN REE: THE FEMALE GAZE
- ERIC STANTON: IT’S A WOMAN’S WORLD
- TREATS Q&A: STEVE SCHAPIRO
- MALIBU’S LOST SHANGRI-LA
- WHERE MODERNISM FOUND ITS HOME
- CONRAD ROSET: THE MUSE IS THE MEDIUM
- DAVID PAUL LARSON: RAW APPROACH
- POST NO BILLS & FAILE
- BAKER’S BEAUTY MARK: SPF SHOWDOWN
- CHIC ROUGH SHINY WEARABLE THINGS
- FIFTY SHADES OF DE SADE
- THERE WILL BE HISTORY
- PROPRIETRESS OF PLEASURE, AKA OWNER!
- THE ZIGGY FILES
- BAKER’S BEAUTY MARK: OLYMPIAN METALLICS
- CARMEL VALLEY INN
- A ROUGE AWAKENING: IT’S ALL ABOUT THE LIPS
- CAMPGROUND CHIC MEETS LUXURY LODGINGS
- MODEL TALK – DIORA BAIRD
- ACHTUNG, BERLIN!
- SKIN RE’TREAT!
- ARMANI’S CREMA THE CROP
- MR MAXWELL WILL SEE YOU NOW
- PEACHY KEEN: SLIDE INTO SPRING WITH CHANEL’S HARMONIE DE PRINTEMPS LINE
- BELA BORSODI: THE PSYCHOLOGICAL PHOTOGRAPHER
- TREATS! Q & A: DAVID BELLEMERE
- MODEL TALK: MAY LINDSTROM
- HELMUT 3.0
- A BALANCING ACT LIKE NO OTHER
- THE CHARMING BENEDICT REDGROVE
- BAKER’S BEAUTY MARK: MON SHU
- YEAR OF THE BUNNY
- ADVENTURES IN RIO: BRAZIL & BUST
- SEX LIT 101: CLASSIC EROTICA
- TREATS Q&A: JARRED LAND
- LA PERLA: COSA C’È SOTTO!
- NICK VEASEY: X MAN
- TOM O’NEAL: MOMENTS IN TIME
- TREATS! Q&A: EDOUARD MEYLAN OF CELSIUS X VI II
- TREATS Q & A: D.A. PENNEBAKER
- 2 1/2 HOURS
- LUXURIANT DESERT JEWELS
- BUTTERFLY DREAMS IN CHINA
- WHO IS DOUG BARTLETT?
- ALLAN TEGER: PEAKS & VALLEYS
- MAKE IT NEW: THE STORY OF MODERN ARCHITECTURE
- GUSTAV KLIMT: THE SHAPE OF A WOMAN
- THE MOST INTERESTING TOWN IN THE WORLD
- JIMMY STEINFELDT: IN THROUGH THE LENS
- FOREVER YOUNG
- TREATS Q & A: JOHN URBANO
PROPRIETRESS OF PLEASURE, AKA OWNER!
by Rob Hill
You started Coco De Mer in 2001 with the tag line, PLEASURE IS A GIFT AND GREAT PLEASURE DETERMINES THE QUALITY OF YOUR LIFE.” 10 years later did you envision the company would become a global sensation?
When Coco de Mer opened 10 years ago the dialogue about sex was all on the act and the function; there was absolutely no dialogue on sensuality, no dialogue on pleasure, no dialogue on consent. I am so proud that Coco de Mer has been a leader and a ground-breaker in changing the dialogue about sex and sexuality from guilt and shame to pleasure and empowerment. My sister Sam and i are really on a mission to give people permission to express their sexuality with class, intelligence, humor and depth and i am ecstatic that people love Coco de Mer. Coco de mer is all about pleasure and education, we are here to put some sensuality, sexiness and humor into bedroom play…or as I like to say put some class into bedroom debauchery. Our pursuit of pleasure is underpinned by doing business in an ethical and socially responsible way.
How and where did the idea for Coco come about?
Seriously how screwed up is it that you can shop for cushions, shoes, candles, kitchen stuff, even bloody cigars in gorgeous stores, but the ONLY places open to purchase items for your sex life, are either sleazy ‘adult’ stores, that make you feel like you need a wash after being in them, or very the practical women focused stores. So the idea was born out of necessity. We were fed up with it, we wanted an alternative, to create the sexiest of spaces, a place that put some class, humor, debauchery and education into our sex lives. A place that was inclusive, not exclusive, so wherever you are on your sexual journey you could feel relaxed enough to peruse our gorgeous products and open your mind to something new, or not. A space that didn’t make you feel ashamed to be in there, but that made you feel curious, sexy and was all about pleasure. We have so many people coming into our stores who say “Thank you for being here.”
What was the first product you worked on?
One of the first was our personal lubricants. Lubes are quite simply the best little sex toy there is and we wanted to ensure we had a selection of the finest, lubes and we do, I haven’t used another lube that even comes close to being as good as ours. We have such a loyal customer base for our lubes, maybe they should get their own Facebook Fan Page!
Who do you see as your consumer?
Our customers are a diverse bunch. We have a lot of women from 25 up to 70′s—the bulk of them being in their 30′s and 40′s—and we have women shopping for themselves, couples shopping together, men shopping for their partners/lovers, we have a lot of men shopping on our website buying gifts for their partners. We don’t have many gay men and we don’t have a lot of women under the age of 25.
What’s been your best selling items over the years?
Our top selling items always include our Ruby Sunrise lubricant (it has a touch of natural honey flavoring in it, which makes for a tasty treat!), but funnily enough we sell a lot of leather bondage fashion restraints and harnesses to the East Coast and we sell a lot of hand blown glass dildos and butt plugs on the West Coast. Currently, our naughty vintage print cushions with hand embroidered words like ‘Fucker’, ‘Sweet Cheeks’ and ‘Cock Lover’ are selling really, really well!
What about your salons?
Our salons are designed for both single people and couples, we provide a relaxed environment to learn more about sexual pleasure. Our classes cover a large range of topics, from role playing, spanking, tantra, burlesque, masturbation, female ejaculation and so many more. We work with the best experts (or sexperts) in their field to have them teach the salon and pass on their valuable knowledge, wisdom and inspiration.
You guys sell books now. Do you have a favorite author?
Thomas Lynch, Marquis de Sade, Harper Lee.
Paris or NYC?
Fresh sweet basil.
Favorite hidden treasure?
The treasures that are out on display in my home, disguised as beautiful art objects or everyday household items but that have another (usually bedroom related function)…..in other words that paper weight you think your holding? Think again!
If you could fly anywhere right now where would you go?
London to visit my dad and sister and then onto Morocco with my partner!
Depp or Pitt?
In a Pitt with Depp?
Spanking or tickling?
Spanking with some tickling in between….
One product you couldn’t live without….?
Coco de Mer Spill Lubricant.
My hair looks best when….
On the dance floor.
Most loved fictional character?
Atticus Finch. I love him so much I named my son after him.
Silk on skin.
Blindfolding your lover is…
A treat for you and for them.
Cadbury’s creme egg with a bottle of Puligny Montrachet wine!